FOLLOWMONT RESPONSE TO COVID 19 VIRUS
As concerns continue to increase around the uncertainties of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact, we would like to share with you some of the key actions that Followmont Transport is taking to ensure our staff remain safe, and that we maintain reliable service for all of our customers.
By taking clear and decisive steps to prepare for the spread of COVID-19, we are confident that we will do our part to help mitigate the impact and disruption to our customers.
Our Senior Leadership Team is monitoring the developing situation on a daily basis and will ensure our response is timely and proportionate to the level of spread and impact.
The steps we have taken so far include:
- The temporary appointment of a dedicated Coronavirus Response Coordinator, reporting directly to the Managing Director
- Providing our staff with regular communication and updates designed to limit spread of the virus
- Creating a culture of infection control through raised awareness and support around personal hygiene
- Acceleration of our annual program of influenza vaccinations to increase take-up. Whilst this won’t impact COVID-19, it will provide protection against more common strains of the flu
- Identifying and equipping key staff to be able to work from home as required
- Establishing contingency plans to maintain service delivery during times of significant and sustained absenteeism
- Introducing restrictions on work related travel with all travel requiring MD approval. Providing employees with the latest Government guidance on travel overseas
- Optimising the use of internal technology for team meetings
- Developing business continuity plans in the event that some locations are forced to close down completely
- Adapting to customer service process change requests wherever practical to do so
Customer service is our primary company value and we will continue to do everything we can to ensure continuity of service to our customers.
We will continue to keep you updated as the situation evolves and please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Team or myself directly should you have any questions.